Tuesday 26 May 2015

New Book - MUST READ, SUCH A WONDERFUL BOOK

Wonder - R.J.Palacio

New book in today that looks so good, I may have to read it myself first before putting it on the new book shelf.

Check out the below author interview and book trailer to learn more about this book.






*** This is my favourite book I have read this year.  A must read.  August is such an amazing character, and I loved that throughout the book we get to hear the story through different perspectives as some of the characters are voices for some chapters. Surprisingly, I liked the Julian chapters the best, as I had made up my mind about him throughout the book, but in his chapters you can see him grow and change as a person, for the better.  Have a box of tissues ready when you read Mr Tushman's speech towards the end of the book. 

Courage.  Kindness.  Friendship.  Character.  These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.






2 comments:

  1. This is an AWESOME book! I have read it lots of times and it always makes me cry! Great buy Whaea Marama, yuo will love the main character Augie, he is a real hero!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halfway through, I LOVE this book! Will be out on the new book shelf soon!

      Delete